Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Pete has now left the building!

This guy writes with passion. It's definitely worth a read.
"So, today I resigned my job, and completely ended my Microsoft career. I have taken a role as Director with a company at the leading edge of the “Web 2.0” curve. My team and I will write Ruby on Rails code, use Macintosh computers to do so, shun Microsoft technology completely, go to work in shorts and sandals and blast each other with nerf guns. My team is devoted to being the best it can be, to learning, to improving, to pushing boundaries. And it's not Microsoft.

I'm writing this on my Mac using NeoOffice Writer while the PC under my desk is, for the last time ever, removing Windows and all the trappings that go with it to install Ubuntu Linux. My Microsoft career is now officially over.

Microsoft don't innovate, in my opinion. Vista looks like a pile of crap compared to Mac OS X and Ubuntu with GLX. Their software is buggy, overpriced, and stress inducing. Their development tools are staid, designed and developed by committees to solve every problem you could ever conceive of, while being ideally suited to solving none."
Strange new worlds, and programming languages...: Good bye Microsoft; Pete has now left the building!:

3 comments:

Dean Terry said...

AMEN...

Pete Wright said...

Thanks for the link. The outpouring of good wishes, kindness, and anger, over that post has been completely overwhelming.

Rajesh Nidwannaya said...

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment.